Wednesday, October 25, 2006

 

Hacking - usefull source of testing

Hackers (no semantic lessons should it be hacker or cracker, yeah) are cool sources, which seems to be a problematic for some reason to companies and to public... I dont understand why? Why they are problematic? If I claim, that hackers do, what else cannot do, they are like Formula 1 drivers in Internet driving with speed, equipments and talent, which average Toyota Avensis owner, who follows rules and speed limits, cannot accept, I get beated.

Why I get beated. Who knows. I have discussed with persons, who don't understand hackers and the reason is that they are evil criminals. If I say, that they are average person whith good tools and understanding about what they want, I am making some kind of online criminal romantic thoughts. Well... from my point of view, that is bullshit. I am not trying to explain or romantice that. In some activities it is hobby, for some reasons it might have some grey areas of including.
Before Internet my father has a student, who was very talented with computers and ones he was visiting in our house, he show the new interesting thing called modem. that was analog-digital modulater, which was plugged to phoneline and computer started to discuss with some other computer somehwere.... you called using ATDT-command and got some kind of access to BBS. That was excellent. During that time for example Porin Puhelin had own BBS box. Well, he show me about basics how to use that (300 baud modem) and he said, that there are lot lot faster modems, like 1200 baud modems. That was exceptional. Then there was freenet and everything. I was attracted a lot for those. eventually the whole thing was pretty new also to BBS publishers and admins and with two those kind of "portals" there was username/password-list available in the system structure. In some sense some of the data was able to be deleted and I quess I did so a couple times also (sorry).
Well... in that sense now the firewalls and security aspects are better. There is VPN-tunnels and encryption issues. All kind of security holes are searched and fixed very fast. That is because there are these hackers. I know several of those.... they have competitions with friends. I have scanned, DDOS attacted and sniffered my friends computers as well as they have been doing same to me. During year 2002-2004 there was lots of local kids, who were using different kind of scanning tools for port scanning (pretty amateur, have to admit).... so I captured their IP address and hacked their computers and deleted OS for revenge. One spamming server, which I checked was one of the Finnish operators front end web-server from old program.... it was forgot as some old un-secure installation of Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server and it was used mainly several persons for scanning and sniffing.... I get annoyed and called to operator (after figuring out who owns is) and said, that I get bored that your one computer tries to hack my systems all the time.... they first deny it...then after one day network admin called and said, that they even didnt know that this kind of server exists... so it was really some old server hacked like 100 times and used for all kind of purposes... Funny... Now they know and I got tested my system and once again testing was done.... and nobody was criminal :-)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?